Hi everyone! I usually talk about and post recipes because I love to cook and bake, but at the same time I am much more than just recipes. So today I wanted to talk about a few things. First, let’s talk getting your life together.
I have anxiety and World Mental Health Day being October 10 I felt like this was important to speak about. I have struggled with anxiety for a while now and I would never wish it upon anyone. I have tried a lot of tips and tricks to reduce it, but I still deal with it often. Some things have really helped me so here I am to share them:
- If you get anxious at night, get out of bed and move around or read a book, you do not want your peaceful place to be overcome by anxiety
- Light a candle
- Do something to take your mind off of things
- Make a list of things you have to do or things that are on your mind
- Listen to music, I like Kalyn Nicholson’s crisp leaves and lattes on Spotify
- Bake something you love
- Take deep breaths
- Talk to a friend
These are just a few but I find that they really help.
Now, I am going to talk about one of my favorite things…. organization!
I have a huge planner that I live in and honestly I would freak if it ever went missing. I believe that having a planner helps you to organize your thoughts and physically see your day in front of you.
Here are some things I do to help myself stay on top of things:
- Write in my planner at night, for the next day, and again in the morning
- Set out clothes the night before
- Pack lunches/snacks the night before
- Do small amounts of tidying up everyday
- Make your bed every morning
- Make a separate to-do list
- Meal prep on Sundays
- Always plan ahead, get things done now so you don’t feel overwhelmed later
- Keep to a routine, like a morning and night routine so you have a clear start and end to the day
Staying organized and mindful throughout the day will help you be less all over the place and hopefully calm some anxious feelings.
Now onto autumn!
Fall is my absolute favorite time of year and makes me incredibly happy. I honestly wish there was just fall and summer, but in the Midwest that could never happen… So I just try to enjoy fall as much as I can. I am such a caffeine addict and my boyfriend often gets a little upset about how often I go to Starbucks but I have no regrets. My favorite fall drink is a salted caramel mocha with almond milk and it always puts a smile on my face. I also love going out for breakfast and being able to wear a big cozy sweater.. talk about perfect!! Of course who could forget about the classics of fall baking, pumpkin picking, apple picking, hayrides, fall candles, and farmers markets. For me, fall is all about finding some happiness and appreciating the feeling of fall. I hope all of you are getting out and enjoying the weather and making the most of this beautiful season! Now to enjoy some pumpkin bread and a latte….